In 1983, MO-AG set up the foundation, which was later renamed the Jim Russell Foundation in 2008 to honor Mr. Jim Russell, former executive director, long-time supporter, and a leader of MO-AG. The Jim Russell Foundation provides scholarships to college agriculture students and donates to agriculture education organizations such as Agriculture Future of America (AFA), Agricultural Leaders of Tomorrow (ALOT), 4H, and others. Applications are sent out in August to all Missouri universities with ag programs, and are available below. Applications are due November 1 of each year and rewarded to the student during the spring semester of the following year.
- Must be attending a college in the state of Missouri.
- Must be a college junior or senior.
- Must be majoring in a field related to agriculture and intend on pursuing a career in agribusiness.
- Must have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Must not have received the Jim Russell Foundation in a prior year
* High school seniors, college freshman and sophomores should not apply. This is because the older students have so much more experience, making it hard for younger students to compete with years of activities.
For more information or to request a hard copy application, contact Sarah Mengwasser at the MO-AG office, (573) 636-6130 or firstname.lastname@example.org